I finished. I always said, "As long as I finish. I don't care about my time." I finished and none of you will ever know my time.
Let me just give you a few lessons learned:
1. Pick a winter marathon. It was 90 degrees!
2. Pick a marathon with shade. The last 13 miles had very little shade. When we needed it the most.
3. It's ok to walk.
4. If you run a hilly marathon - practice with hills.
5. this goes with #4 - really pay attention to that elevation chart. The bumps mean something!!
6. Find someone to pull you through the difficult miles. You will need each other.
7. When you spend 4 hours with a stranger - they are no longer a stranger. You will share and be told some stuff you would never tell anyone else!
The biggest lesson...
It is only through Christ's grace that I finished this thing. I did not know how important that would be. Wait, I knew I would need his strength, but I had no idea how stinkin' hot it would be and what heat exhaustion/stroke just might feel like.