Sunday, April 19, 2009

Not Me Monday

It's sorta Monday again!  Can you believe another week has sped by?  I am NOT one week closer to SUMMER VACATION... 29 days but who is counting??  Definitely NOT me... 273 hours...

Not Me! Monday is a blog carnival by MckMamma at MyCharmingKids.net.  She probably won't have Mr. Linky up because she is in Boston with a very sick baby.  He is scheduled to have major heart surgery on Tuesday, so PLEASE pray for everyone involved!!

Well, let's get started...  I am NOT posting on Sunday night.  I do NOT usually do my not me's on Monday morning, but I will NOT be in a training all day Monday.  I have NOT spent the what feels like the better part of April in meetings, professional developments, and the like.  I do NOT hate meetings.

I am NOT horrified that I missed the blog Spring Fling over at Domestically Challenged this weekend.  It was such a great idea and I did NOT forget to email my post to Sara.  On Friday, I was NOT braindead because of a literacy coach meeting.  I did NOT spend the day with people complaining about things that are out of our control.  This does NOT suck the life out of me.  I also did NOT spend the three hours being "trained" on technology I understand.  I did NOT feel this was a colossial waste of my time and this did NOT make me grumpy.   Then when I realized I missed the Spring Fling, I did NOT feel like crying.

I am NOT in tick warfare mode.  I did NOT have this big tick destruction plan for Saturday.  I did NOT send Mark out to cut the grass while I was NOT going to vacuum every nook and cranny of my h0use.  After two minutes of vacuuming, I did NOT suck up a dust ruffle and break my vacuum.  I am NOT going to be without a good vacuum for about two weeks!!  I do NOT love having vacuumed carpet.  Seriously, I love to vacuum...  I am by no stretch of the imagination a neat freak, but dirty floors kill me.  I am NOT hurting...  

You will be happy to know that I did NOT spray the yard, the trees in the "forest" next door, bathe the dog, and use super-duper tick be gone drops.  I will NOT win the war against ticks.  Oh, and I did NOT have one on my stomach Friday night!!  Eeewww... that would be gross.  I am NOT relieved to know that ticks in Florida are not disease carriers.

I did NOT leave my child's backpack in the parking lot at his school.  Actually, that's true I did NOT, I should say, Ryan did NOT leave his backpack...  So I did NOT send him to preschool with a Vera Bradley backpack.  That would be girlie...  

And finally, we did NOT spend the afternoon at the beach without sunscreen.  We did NOT manage to not have any sunburn!!  I guess we did NOT get there late enough...  My children are NOT acting like heathens because they are tired and I'm NOT too busy playing - I mean- blogging on the computer.

Ok, so they don't look like heathens... but trust me, they are acting like them!
Oh!  I almost forgot...  There is NOT five days until the marathon.  I am NOT scared to death.  I did NOT spend Saturday visualizing where I would be in the race and imaging the pain I will be in.  Is it cheating to pop Advil during the run?  Yeah, I do NOT think so either.  But you will NOT find it in my fanny pack...

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

Oh no, poor vacuum! I think I would find a loaner! I am a freak about the floors too! Another reason we do not have a pet...no tick wars! Poor thing (you and him...or her, now I can't remember!) Sorry about all your training--very unfun! I am so excited about your marathon! I can't wait to get all the gory details (because if I know you at all, my sides will be splitting from the laughter!!!!!)

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Darn it! It lost my comment.

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

So, that can't hold ME down.
I am thinking of doing another spring fling in may. Maybe a Memorial Day flinger-o. You can do that one! Twice!
I cannot wait to hear about your marathon!!!