Thursday, July 2, 2009

No better sound in the world!

I was playing on the computer this evening and the local Christian radio station was playing on the stereo. Zach was singing along. I tell you what, there is NO better sound than hearing your child sing praise and worship music. What makes it even sweeter is the gigantic speech delay that Zach has. So the words weren't exact, but the meaning was.

Here's what he was singing...

There is hope, for me yet,
because God won't forget,
all the plans he's made for me
I have to wait and see,
He's not finished with me yet,
He's not finished with me yet

It's the chorus to Brandon Heath's new song, Wait and See


I'm crying just thinking about it. You see, God's not finished with Zach yet. And while the world may look at him and see a handicapped, babbling, drooling, 7 year old, God looks at my Zach and sees nothing but potential and love! I've been praying that through Zach's weakness, God's strength will be revealed in mighty ways that couldn't be accomplished if Zach were "normal".

See, God's not finished with Him yet!


And just so you know, He's not finished with you yet, either!
Kristin

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Wow, Kristin, you made me cry again! I am so thankfully He is not finished with me yet either...or my kids for that matter!