Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tunes for Tuesday

Lately music has been encouraging me and so I thought I would put some lyrics up and share what God is saying to me. A week or so ago, I posted this about Zach singing along to Brandon Heath's "Wait and See" - I can never remember the actual title!!

This week, "The Motions" by Matthew West keeps popping in my head and on the radio when I need it the most. I'm leaving on Friday for a 9 day mission trip with our high school youth group. I'd like to say that I'm geeked up, but I'm not. I keep thinking about everything that has to be accomplished before I leave. And I think about leaving my family alone for 9 days and how I hard that will be on Mark. But I know I am supposed to be on this trip.

I gave God many chances to tell me not to go, but ya know, He didn't take me up on my offers. (Gee, go figure...) But the signs keep pointing me to Belle Glade for the week...

So if I'm gonna go, I better get ready to have my socks knocked off... And if I'm gonna go, I better give my all to Him and see what He has prepared to teach me! That's why, "The Motions" is my song of the week!

Matthew West
Something to Say
The Motions

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
,"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I have both of those CD's and love them. I saw Matthew west in concert last year. He is fabulous!