Travis tagged me...
Here are the rules:
1) Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird
3) Tag 7 more people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4) Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
I do have a problem, though. I don't know 7 people with blogs that I think would play along. But I will do my best!!
1. I am an aspiring neatfreak and a wanna be organized person. I have these really cool baskets for all the toys and stuff and every know and again I sort the baskets and get the toys organized. I prefer my house clean, but it isn't often meeting my standards. My hardest part is the kitchen floor. I will mop and then 3 minutes later, it's a mess. I spent last spring scrubbing my grout - and it's dirty again. I even sealed it! My bedroom closet is a mess and I need to organize that next. I've been doing one closet a weekend. Guess what I'll be doing on Saturday? Wrong... I'm going to be in South Carolina visiting a friend. Oh and I don't think it helps that the love of my life is not-a-neat-freak. He isn't a slob, but he would rather leave something that fell on the floor rather than pick it up... But to be fair, in knew this when we were dating. He had a dresser and two twin beds in his room. The dresser was more or less empty. The non-sleeping bed held his clean clothes - just piled on the bed. I don't know where the dirty ones were - I didn't ask!!
2. I sometimes get really bored at work, even though I have a ton of projects to do and there are always teachers I can work with. I just sometimes enjoy the peace and quiet that happens in my office. And I'm a huge procrastinator - why do today what I can put off until tomorrow? In fact, right now I'm in a meeting and we are talking about blogs. Guess what I'm doing.
3. I sometimes forget to have my son do his homework. Gasp - and I'm a teacher!! Along the same vein - I'm a reading coordinator (literacy coach is the technical title) and I haven't the foggiest idea how to get my oldest to learn to read.
4. I totally fell in love with my husband again on Wednesday. I always loved him - but he was exactly what I needed and he surprised me by having the right words in a really tough situation. I am confident God put the words in his mouth - and that is cool too!
5. I am way too honest and open. Surprise, surprise as I bare my soul for the whole world to see. I admit when I'm a slacker and maybe I shouldn't. I am usually the first to tell the world of my guffaws.
6. I am a pessimist. When it comes to me, the glass isn't even half empty. It's empty. This is something I'm totally working on and have made great gains -especially in light of the horrific week I've had. I have made huge leaps and bounds in this area, so my glass is filling up!
7. I hate Halloween. My hatred is not because of witches, ghosts and things from the dark side. Nope, it's the pressure to have a costume. My mom used to sew these beautiful and complicated costumes - Tweety Bird, Bugs Bunny, a shark, etc. I never had the costumes with the plastic "outfit" and mask. So I don't want to dress my kids in the generic costumes from Target or Walmart. But I can't sew and I'm too cheap to buy the nice ones. So I feel this tremendous pressure to make my kids look cute. Plus, Zach HATES costumes. Last year, the boys went as roads. I took dark blue t-shirts, glued two yellow ribbons down the front and glued cars on it. I figured Zach wouldn't mind. He screamed!!! I guess cars aren't supposed to be glued to your shirt. So this year, what am I going to do for Halloween?? Too much pressure!!
I am tagging, Kate, Amanda, Mark and Crystal.