Monday, November 10, 2008

Not me Monday

It's that time again... Time for Not me Monday. The blogging game started by McMamma. You can see her link to the side and learn all the rules. This is free therapy and you can go to her website and see what other people are not doing!

I will start with the most current. I am not going to put Dora on TV so my kids will leave me alone to blog. I do not use the TV as a babysitter.

I did not buy my son a drum. That would be crazy and loud. Besides I don't have rhythm, neither does their dad, so it would sound horrible. But if I did buy them a drum, the joy would be all over my boys' faces like this...

I would never get involved in other people's dating life. I would not encourage one friend to marry some guy I've never met and I would not encourage another friend's little brother to run as far as he can from his current girlfriend. I mean, working on my own relationship should matter - not someone else's!

I did not forget my towel this morning at the Y. I go there in the mornings to exercise and I was pretty stinky and sweaty because I just finished 8 miles doing jog/walk intervals. I did not have to dry off with the extra tshirt in my work out bag. This is not the first time I've done this. I am not that disorganized!

First of all, my children would never climb on the furniture. But if they did and if I were blogging, I would not just yell at them to get down. I would actually get off the computer and put them in time out. I am not lazy.

I would not force my children to go to baseball so that they would be worn out and take a nap on Saturday. I do not need to wear my children out because they are angels (just like your kids) and they fall asleep on command. (I am not sarcastic! I do not believe that is an appropriate form of humor.)

I am not going to leave exercise class early tomorrow to go and buy apple fritters. Even if it is for someone's birthday at work. It doesn't matter to me that he is six foot six and weighs at least 350 lbs, is black as night, and is scary looking if you don't know him! He doesn't need birthday treats, even if it is my turn to provide.

I am not excited that my babysitter can now drive and we don't have to pick her up anymore. I am not disappointed that she wants to finish high school and doesn't want to drop out to take care of my children.

I would never laugh at my husband because he thought a co-worker just turned 80. CarolAnn, if you ever read this - you don't have to give Mark a hard time, I would never suggest that!

I would not consider giving my child hand me down toys for his 4th birthday. How cheap do you think I am? Don't answer that, please!!

I think this might be it for now, I might add to it if I can come up with some random things. I was a "good girl" last week and had no major gaffs!

Feel free to let me know what you "did not" do last week!
K

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Carol Anne does NOT look 80, I will have to give Mark a hard time too!! You are hilarious! Thanks for the laughs! Love the drum for the boys, I bet they are in heaven! Oh, I am out of not me mode...Alayna never asks to watch a movie by suggesting I need some quiet time...never.
Travis