Sunday, August 24, 2008

I love how God ties things together!!

I've been doing this pretty intense Bible study for almost 2 months now and it is completely life changing. This last week, I realized that I needed more study time on my own to just "discover" what God wants to teach me. So I happened to open Romans and started reading. I read some pretty cool stuff and gained some new truths each day.

Friday morning, I read this in the Message... "God does not respond to what we do; we respond to what God does. We've finally figured it out. Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting him set the pace, not proudly or anxiously trying to run the parade." This reminded me of the main tenet of "Experiencing God" - find where God is and join Him there. About two hours later, my principal and I had a huge heart to heart in my office. She is a wonderful, caring, Christian woman and asked me as a friend what was up with me. She noticed that I hadn't connected at school yet. Through a long, winding conversation, it dawned on me that the "more" I blogged about earlier in the summer is right here under my nose.

I want some huge adventure and take the family all over the world doing God's work. But God is right here in Venice - at Venice Middle School/Oak Park South. He has put me here and this is where He wants me. I don't need to conduct my own parade and try to get Him to join me. So I was feeling better about all of this, but I still wasn't jazzed about another year of the same-old and my heart was definitely not involved.

I continued to pray over the weekend and I continued to see further conviction that God is working in my world and tying these strings into a beautiful gift. This morning at church the sermon was about SEEING God and having hope. This further impressed me with what God has been showing me. Then, Sarah, one of my high school girls asked how she could pray for me. She has never done this before and it was the sweetest thing EVER! So I asked her to pray that my heart would get into my job. I also shared my struggles with my class and used it to illustrate how God teaches us and gets our attention.

Then around 1:30 I was doing my Lord's Table Bible Study and it was about focusing on Jesus and seeing Him. All of a sudden, I felt IT, I felt the excitement for the school year! It was palpable! I realized that God is alive and working in VMS/OPS and I have two choices: wish I was somewhere else or GET ON BOARD and join Him! I choose to join Him and I want to be involved in all the amazing things He has in store for me and those around me. I'm jazzed and I'm excited. I'm also blown away by God being so loving and faithful. He cares enough about me that He would organize all of these events to get me excited about a middle school. He knit it together so perfectly! "Better is one day in His courts... than thousands elsewhere!" By not starting my own parade, I get to be in His courts! How awesome!!

My challenge to you is to see where God is and join Him! Don't try to get Him to do things your way - seize where God has placed you and make that your mission field!

Kristin

No comments: