Sunday, August 3, 2008

Phew... I'm not the only one

Last week was tough, the boys were easily bored and I had a ton of things I wanted to do around the house. The laundry was piling up, the floor was covered in crumbs and dog hair, the toilets needed scrubbing and dust that needed removing. I was totally in task-oriented-mode and was missing the joy of children - and life... By Thursday, I was toast and I really didn't like my kids! I know that is a horrible thing to say. I love them, but I didn't like them.

Friday was shaping up to be another horrendous day. We had to go to the post office to mail 9 packages (and printing the postage that morning was a nightmare), Zach had to go to the dentist, we had to get tags for the car, go to the bank and stop by my school. I was concerned - to say the least! On the way to the first errand at 7 am, a song came on the radio and it set the entire day in perspective. Would you believe everything went according to plan - and even better? Zach was a champ at the dentist and it helped that he was surrounded by girls. Everything goes better for him if he is with girls... (I want to put in his IEP that he needs a wife...)

I think God gave me a great Friday so that I wouldn't completely abandon my children to the gypsies... But this morning at church, I was talking to one of the ladies in the nursery and she recalled how she didn't like her daughter at age 3. I was so relieved to not be the only person in the world who didn't like their children! I figure we all go through times when our kids try us, but not many moms would actually admit they didn't like their kids. I feel so much better that I'm not the only one!! So I will continue to love my kids, and I will really try to like them all the time! It helps when my house is clean, though!

kristin

No comments: