Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's new...



My basket cases...

I haven't blogged all week, probably because nothing exciting is happening. Although, when people ask "What's new?" I can talk about our $2000 submersible well pump. That is new!! A week ago Saturday we had no water. First we brought the electrician - $150 to tell us our well was burned out. He said, and I quote, "It's no big deal." So we call around and finally get someone out to the house. I come back from some errands and Mark says, "Guess how much?" I figure no big deal means $500. Nope... $1500. The fiasco continued from there, but to protect the guilty, I will not go into details! Just know that it was an additional $350 - ask Mark if you want to know why!

On Friday, I got up at 4 am to go to the Y and run with my running partner, Meg. I went to brush my teeth and the water didn't work! Ugh!!! After much prayer - instead of worry - the well people came out and fixed us up. For free. Thank you God! I get home from work, and I flush the toilet. Ok, the water is BROWN! I freak out and check other faucets... Brown and foamy! Yikes - I call the well guy and as I am talking to him, the water clears up. Again, thank you God! Anyway, I'm ending the story here to ask if you see what time I get up!

Yes, I am turning into a running girl. Meg and I do run/walk intervals and I love it!! I am not so crazy about the time, but it's truly the only time I can work out consistently. By the afternoon, I'm pooped and it's too hot... I am the point in my weight loss where people notice and it's encouraging. But I'm not done yet! One of these days I will post a picture of me because I definitely look different - it might be the short haircut though!

No comments: