Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yee-Haw! We survived and had fun...

When I first posted on Monday, I didn't know that Mark was going to be gone for a better part of the week! He flew the weekly run to Haiti and the DR and came back from that Thursday evening. He rushed home for dinner and then had to turn around and go to Atlanta for training. Needless to say, I wasn't too excited about being the only one in charge for 4 days.

I also knew that I wasn't going to have fun and who cares if the floors are a mess or if there is sand in the pool. We were going to have a blast - no matter the cost. I planned all sorts of outings and we had a good time at the beach and the interactive fountain. We even made it to a freemovie, but left after Dorothy was greeted by the munchkins (it was the Wizzard of Oz). While I am not fond of the Wizard of Oz, we left because the boys started wrestling over the popcorn!

But the most fun we had was when the boys were tossing socks into a box like a carnival game. Then we went out on the lanai and colored all over this huge piece of paper that was stuffing for a box that arrived. I had such a great time listening to the boys hoot and holler. I was reminded of the simple truth that most parents know - it's the spontaneous, out-of-the-ordinary things that are the best.

I'm anxious to see what fun we come up with for summer vacation week 2! Am I brave enough to go to Sponge Bob Square Pants playing for free this week? If we go - I'll take two bags of popcorn! This week, though we do have a dentist appointment for Zach and pray for the dentist! I can't imagine Zach will be a willing patient...

No comments: