Monday, July 28, 2008

Little Victories

Zach is my seven year old (gulp!) and he has hit every milestone he was supposed to hit - but really, really, really late! The doctors say it's great because he isn't lagging and hits the milestones in his own time. So at this rate, he will be ready for college sometime around age 70. This lateness is one of the things that really bothers me because I am so competetive. Not a good thing in general, but especially not when you have kids like mine! The silver lining of these delays is that when he does something new - it's a HUGE cause for celebration!


On Saturday, our neighbor brought us a plate of cookies. They were awesomely yummy and Zach has finally decided that he likes cookies. So he had 2 or 3 and then I put them away so I wouldn't eat more than I should. The next morning, he was holding the empty plate and said, "Where are the cookies?" I was shocked! He put together a brand new sentence and he spoke so clearly. Both of these are things we have been working on for years!!! Usually, he would say, "I want cookies." But he asked! I was so excited and of course, gave him cookies. How could I not?


Zach has also taken a great interest in "writing". This is basically scribbling that a 2 year old would do, but he is actually interested in writing! I should be upset when I see writing all over every possible surface and book, but I know it's a stage he should be going through anyway!


I know this stuff doesn't seem like a big deal, but if you had kids like I do - it is! Now if we can just get the potty mastered!


Kristin


I don't know if you can see all the marker they are wearing, but this is further evidence that Zach is enjoying his love of writing and is spreading the joy to Ryan.
Ryan is much more interested in eating the markers than drawing with them. You can also see his "horn" trying to pop out of the left side of his head. He's three, and don't all three year olds have horns??

No comments: