Thursday, July 17, 2008

Itching for more?

Do you ever have that feeling that there is more out there? I have that feeling right now, I know that God has a perfect plan for my family and I. I know He has tons of blessings He is waiting to shower on us - all we have to do is ask. But right now, I have this "itchiness" that there is something more for me to do. Like I was created for more than this. I don't think God has some huge project for me right now, but I think he wants me to LIVE.

The boys have one more day of summer school and then we have three weeks together before school starts. I almost live in fear of those days, because to be honest, the boys are a handful! It doesn't take much before they start wrestling, whining, or getting into everything. And then I get grumpy, and it's all downhill from there. Also, gone will be my "me time" and I really crave me time. Perhaps this restlessness I'm feeling is God trying to tell me to LIVE - to embrace the time with the boys and that it will be fun!

I'm also wondering if perhaps God is giving me this restlessness to help me work with Zach on his ABC's and counting. And to start potty training Ryan (a whole other topic!!). I guess my job is to faithfully follow the Lord's calling and see what He is preparing me for!

Or am I getting restless because He has an even bigger plan for me? I would love to move to the Dominican Republic, as part of Mark's job and mission. But is this what God has in store?

I guess all I can do right now is learn from Him and wait!

Kristin

No comments: