Saturday, June 26, 2010

Quotes about body image

I was sitting around in the dentist's office, relaxing because I wasn't the one being checked... Anyway, I came across these quotes and I love them.

I struggle with not being thin enough. Not being pretty enough. Not running fast enough. You know, the usual doubt. So these quotes spoke to me. It told me that no matter, my body is great. It grew two beautiful children. It's carried me countless miles jogging. And it gives me the ability to snuggle with my family.

"We women are so hard on ourselves, especially when it comes to body image. It's always easy to say what we don't like about our bodie but hard to say what we do like. We all have to shed the layers of junk and judgment." Collenn Saidman

"I still wish my (fill in flaw) , but I am happy with who I am. I'm getting to the age where whatever happens, I want to feel I've done everythign I can and not held myself back. I want to make other women aware that we don't have to hide. WE all have different body shapes and issues." Sarah Keable

"Life and Love is like the ocean. Sometimes the tied is in and sometimes the tide is out and sometimes it feels like the frigging Mojave." I don't remember who said this...

"The older I get, the better I get. Gravity and wrinkles are find with me. They're a small price to pay for the new wisdom inside my head and my heart" - Drew Barrymore