Friday, February 26, 2010

"Your Hands" by JJ Heller

I LOVE this song! Have you heard it? I don't have a link to it, but I've heard it on the radio twice.

I don't have any major problems or concerns right now, but this song still speaks to me. I am wrestling with some pretty big decisions, but nothing horrible. I am not a fan of change and uncertainity (who is, really?) but my decision will definitely involve change and getting used to some new things.

So here's the lyrics:

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

When you walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hrut
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

I love it! It reminds me that despite all the yuck in my life, God holds me. He may not "fix" it the way I want, but He fixes it the way He wants. And resting in His plan is so stinking hard... Even though I have accepted (sort of) that my boys will never be "normal" I still wish he would fix them. So this song speaks to that hurt I still carry.

I also really love the part about asking God to make my paths straight. I seem to take the most circuitous path. I think I could avoid a lot of heart break if I would just follow His path.

I hope you have a chance to hear this song and love it as much as I do!

4 comments:

Reaching the Stars step by step said...

I love that song also

Jerly said...

beautiful poem.Stronger the person, I believe the greater the resposibilty Given by God. Yours Blogs could help so many gain courage in situation Like yours. My prayer this moment is with you and your boys.

Anonymous said...

Hi. If you go to Kloveradio on
youtube. You cud hear her performing live.It is such a blessing for me her song means a lot !

Hope it helps....!thanks
R.Rachel

Set Apart Living Mama said...

Thanks for posting the words! Im going to have to listen to it :)