Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Woo hoo!

Mark made his first delivery to Haiti yesterday and I did not hear how it went. He made mention of the airport in the Dominican Republic as being unhelpful. They are probably tired of being the staging ground and wish that some of the food and supplies were to help their impoverished people too.

This morning he felt the tremor, but didn't say anything more. Hopefully the people in PAP are ok and that it is not a huge setback. I am at work, so I haven't had a chance to hear what the news has to say.

Today, Mark is flying 700+ pounds of water. The King Air is bringing 2500 lbs of beans and rice. My prayers are that they get to where they need to be.

I heard of a missionary who had his arm aputated but is having major problems with his kidneys and other organs. Please pray for him. He was trapped for about 18 hours. He is currently in Miami.

Agape still has not heard from 17 missionary families. Obviously they need prayers as well as their families at home.

I think Mark will be home on Friday; this is much better than the "who knows" that I got when he left. I can live with him being gone during the week and home on the wekeends. I am not sure what the "long haul" is going to look like. I don't know how many other Agape pilots are available for long stays. Jeff and Kevin are both knee-deep in cargo and scheduling.

I think the folks at Agape need prayers for endurance. Their families miss them and they can't keep this pace forever!

I'll post some pics tonight!

No comments: