Thursday, May 21, 2009

Enough

Music really speaks to me and I almost always have the radio playing in the car, in my office, and anywhere I can. I am always amazed how the right song will play at the right time. I know it is more than a coincidence - it's a God-cidence.

This morning driving into work, "Enough" by Barlow Girl was blaring out of my rocking loud minivan.

[Written by Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio]
All of You is more than enough for
All of me for every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You
Is more than enough
You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
Worth living for
Still more awesome than I know
You're my sacrifice of greatest price
Still more awesome than I know
You're my coming King You're everything
Still more awesome than I know
I'm not sure what it was about this song at this moment, but it was I needed to hear. I guess because I'm trying to figure some things out in my head about life in general. And hearing God tell me that He is enough was the reassurance that I needed. Wait, that didn't come out right. I have known that God is enough, but my thoughts and actions might not have indicated that.
So what I heard this morning was to just hang on, enjoy this "slow" time in the family and just worship. That's all I have to do. Enjoy the blessings and worship the One who is enough! But why is it so hard to sit still, enjoy and just worship. Why do I always feel like I have to DO more?
Hmmm... so today, I am going to learn how to just "be" and not try to find things to "do". Perhaps if I just "be" then the "do" will be from God and not from me.
I hope that today, you realize that God is "more than enough"!
K

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It's nice to meet you. I linked over from Raising Olives. It's nice to meet other moms who are honest with their faith.