Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gulp! A marathon!!??

Well kids, I did it!  I just paid an amazing amount of money to torture myself for the next 4 months and 14 days.  Yep.  I just signed up for the Country Music Marathon.  26.2 miles.  Before I hit "submit" I called my running partner to ask if she thought I could do it.  See, it's a mind game.  Truly, it is!!  Sure you have to train, but the miles aren't so bad - it's the little engine that could mentality.  Or the thought behind this riddle: How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.  How do you run a marathon?  One 2-1 interval at a time.

Today I ran 16 miles in 2-1 intervals (that's two minutes run, one minute walk).  I did it and I could have done more.  Sure my legs are sore, but my spirit is excited.  I can do this, I really can!  I just have to keep this positive attitude - which is tough for me!!

So does anyone want to join me?  Just think how many calories you burn when you jog/walk for several hours.  Think how great your legs will look.  I'll get a better picture of my legs.  Cause, they are my favorite body part.  You see, I've done lots of miles and calf raises to get these babies.  You might not be impressed, but I am - I've always been the chubby girl.  While I'm not svelte YET, I do have some nice calves/shins!!  My toes are cute too.  But you'll have to wait to see those.  By the way, how do you turn the picture?  I tried editing it and it looked good on the photo editing program?

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Oh, baby, you gotta get that picture turned cuz those are some awesome legs!!!

I turn mine just before I upload them. I push the button to upload pics, then right click the pic I want and click "rotate 90 degrees clockwise" or counter clockwise (whichever is appropriate), then click to add it.