Monday, June 15, 2009

Random Not Me! Monday thoughts...

Today is Monday and that means it is time to jump feet first into MckMama's blog carnival, Not Me! Monday. It's simple really. You deny things that you did this week. For complete rules and links to HUNDREDS of other confessions, go to MyCharmingKids.net

I did NOT totally cry when I heard Madonna was adopting another baby. I do NOT want to adopt a baby. But I do NOT know that I am seriously coo-coo-for-cocoa-puffs for even entertaining the idea.

I did NOT run this morning and never shower afterwards. It is NOT super hot and humid... I did NOT crawl back in bed and wake up at 8:45. I did NOT throw on a hat and run to my favorite bargin store to look for things to resell on Ebay. I do NOT try to get there early to beat out the other Ebayers. I am NOT 3 hours later still unshowered!

I did NOT start Zach on ADHD medicine yesterday. I did NOT see a difference - it was like the decaf version of my 7 year old. I do NOT wonder if it was my imagination or if it was genuine... I did NOT see the medicine wear off around 3 pm. But again, I do NOT wonder if it is my imagination.

I did NOT go to our old preschool with the intention of getting them to take the boys while I'm on a mission trip in July. I did NOT shamelessly preface my favor asking with a description of Zach being on meds... hoping they would take him. The last time they were there, the girls did NOT tell me in not so many words that they thought Zach was too much for them. Oh, and they did NOT agree to take both boys. But I am NOT looking for other options for Zach...

I am NOT staying awake at night worrying about things that probably will never happen... Like childcare when I'm back at work and school is still out. Or the fact that our insurance guy only wrote half of our house policy and my house is currently not insured for fire, etc!!! I am NOT freaking out about this. Insurance guy is NOT out of the office today. Ok, so the reason is NOT completely legitimate - but still. Insurance guy is NOT a friend of ours and so I think this does NOT make this stuff extra annoying!

I am NOT so majorily PMS-ing that I could NOT feel my bad mood coursing through my veins. I did NOT want to lash out at everyone who slightly annoyed me. I did NOT lay low all weekend because I knew the carnage would be ugly if I was around people. However, I did NOT take some of my ugliness out on my husband. I did NOT have a "therapy" session this morning when I ran with Meg again... So I'm NOT feeling better - although the house is empty but for me...

I am NOT contemplating what marathon to run next. I did NOT gain 10 pounds since April! I do NOT blame it on not running much anymore. See the NOT-connection between big thighs and marathon training? I told myself I would wait until October to consider. But the ill-fitting clothes has NOT made me reconsider!

I did NOT list 30 things on Ebay last week. I was NOT hoping for $200 in sales. I am NOT upset that I only made $70 ont he 14 things that sold. I did NOT get docked by Ebay for having too high shipping prices. Silly me... I did NOT lie about the weight of shoes! Apparently, everyone else lies and says that the shoes are 1 pound and ship for $5. Silly me for being honest and not trying to cheat the post office!

I was NOT struck again by this notion that keeps popping up in my head. I do NOT know with all sincerity that I my boys and their disabilities will be used as a platform for some kind of ministry. The problem is... what that looks like. So I am NOT waiting on God to reveal this all to me. So when I was at a mission trip planning meeting last night, I was NOT blown away by the listening prayer that we are using as the platform for this trip. Things were NOT revealed to me by a total stranger confirming my desire to reach out to families and children. I am NOT completely incoherent explaining this because it is NOT a big cloud in my brain...

I do NOT need to end this post to clean windows... and the NOT-dreaded grocery shopping. Seriously, my refrigerator does NOT have just cheese, hot dogs, condiments, and cherries in it...

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Okay, what to say,
Sorry about ebay.
Not showering after a run? Id NEVER do that! *wink*
did you notice we are right next to each other on mckmamas list? I think it means we are cool.

Elyse said...

Oh my...I overheat myself in the shower after I workout...ain't it grand? YAHOO for a decaf version and the ADD medicine working...it is so wonderful too. My brother has ADHD & I have seen the beautiful decaf version of him too.
Have a great Monday!!
~Elyse