There's this "game" on Facebook right now where you say one thing you are thankful for each day in November. I need to play that game, because right now I am the bratty kid who doesn't want the gifts she's been given. So instead of whinning about not having potty trained kids, I'm going to list 15 things I'm thankful for:
1. A God who created the universe and loves me. Little 'ole me. Full of faults and ugliness. Yet He loves me unconditionally. Wow!!
2. A wonderful husband who I often take for granted. He is kind, loving, and a great dad.
3. Zachary my 9 year old who is so sweet and has a gentle heart. He cracks me up and loves his brother fiercely. He also makes a good shopping partner.
4. Ryan my almost 6 year old. He is crazy and fun. He has this devilish grin and a pretty impressive will.
5. My parents are great role-models. They work hard, love well, and are a great support.
6. My brother is also an amazing man. He has worked hard to overcome learning disabilities and go far in his career. He was just named the law enforcement officer of the year for his area.
7. My church family - since we don't have a family in Florida, our church is our support. They have been there through it all!
8. My husband's work at Agape. He is able to serve the for a ministry that brings supplies to people in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Mark works behind the scenes to keep the facility running. Pretty much a thankless job - but God knows he is working hard.
9. My running partner, Travis, and Meg before her. It's like free therapy and a work out all at once.
10. My friends at work. I work with two phenomenal women Patti and Em. They encourage me and love me despite my attempts to be unloveable.
11. Oak Park - my kids school is exactly what they need. Teachers that love them and have expectations for them.
12. My house - it's not perfect, but it's safe and mine.
13. Florida's gorgeous weather. Ok, so I miss snow, but not for long.
14. My husband's airplane that takes on fun little trips.
15. All the little blessings that God gives me and I don't even recognize them!